Friday, February 28, 2014

Currently


Loving| the mid-to-late afternoon sunlight that fills my living room.  It makes my heart say, “It’s not dark yet!  There’s more to come.”
Enduring| the long, long, so-cold winter.  Does it always have to be -40?  Ok, I exaggerate slightly, but we have had almost 40 days this winter where the windchill was -30 or colder.  Right now it’s hard to believe that sometime I will go outside again in shoes instead of Sorels, in a hoodie instead of a parka, scarf, mitts and hat, or that I will get to drive Highway 331 with my windows down and the music cranked up loud.  Can’t wait!
Remembering| that Spring Break is coming up in a few weeks, and I want to make some plans for doing some fun stuff here as well as resting.  (Last year there was mostly stuff and no resting!) 
Welcoming| the lightheartedness that has visited me lately.
Listening| to my kids practice their songs for the musical they are rehearsing for.  To Tom whistling and beat-boxing and the girls singing along to iTunes in the kitchen.  To Down With Webster and OneRepublic and Anberlin, among others, on my iPod.
Choosing| to make decisions in keeping with my One Little Word for this year and the intentions I set around that.  Not giving back ground I’ve gained.  Not retreating in fear- or at least, if I do, turning right back around and moving forward again.  Working on doing things deliberately, not by default.
Trying| to be more realistic in my expectations of myself and to understand my limitations a little more compassionately. 
Seeing| God at work, both in me and around me, in staggering ways.  Seeing things to be so grateful for.  Seeing things that need to change.  Seeing that growing and learning is a process, and that it’s ok for it to be a process and not an instantaneous thing.
Anticipating| taking steps toward some long-held goals and dreams, and some newer ones too.

1 comment:

  1. I have just completed my first read of your blog and have found it astounding!
    Last December 3rd we lost our 46 year old son to a very similar brain tumour that Ramsy had. He left his wife and two girls, 6 and 9.
    I would very much appreciate an opportunity to interact with you if you are okay with that. We live in Kelowna. We may have met years ago.
    Henry Dirksen. hdirksen65@gmail.com. 250-763-1015

    ReplyDelete