Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sometimes

Sometimes life glows, and sometimes it stings.

Sometimes I am silent because I have nothing to say, and sometimes because there is so much to say that it bottlenecks.

Sometimes I look after myself and my family and house really well.  Sometimes I can do only one of those at once.  Sometimes I fail to do any of it.

Sometimes I feel like I have boundless energy and optimism.  (But usually only for about 15 minutes!)

Sometimes my awe at the beauty of God's mercy makes me stand still and just...well, just stand still.

Sometimes I like my music really, really loud.

Sometimes I am so tired of personal growth.

Sometimes my kids make me laugh so hard!

Sometimes a Cinnamon Dolce Latte is necessary.  Or chips and dip.  Sometimes a walk.

Sometimes a movie reflects my own life so much that I wonder if the screenplay writers were spying on me.

Sometimes I think I know myself but then I'm surprised.  Again.

Sometimes I find someone who shares the same wacky sense of humor as me and giggles uncontrollably with me while everyone else looks at us funny.

Sometimes it's all a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes seeing you crossing the parking lot with such youthful abandon surprises me. Is that Shannon? or Jane?
    Sometimes I think about Katie and wonder how she is doing.
    Sometimes I forget that Tom is as old as he is or as tall as he is, but then he smiles at me, and it is still Tom. What a nice smile.
    Sometimes I miss our times together.
    Always, I am grateful, and enjoy the memories.

    Yolanda
    Also loved the post about Good Friday and July's message.

    ReplyDelete