Friday, December 3, 2010

Done Day 3

Well, we are ten percent done the rad/chemo combo.  Nausea has been minimal, but we are starting to realize, "Hey, this is every day for a lot of days!"  I kind of snorted at an ad I heard yesterday: Remember when life was complicated?  Uh, what do you mean was?  And then I realized that, in a way, our life has been rather simplified for us.  This is what we do now.  Huh.  Thanks to all of you who continue to help us adjust to this new life- driving us, cooking or shopping for us, encouraging us, and especially praying for us.  We don't know what we would do without you!

I had this song on repeat while I was wrapping Christmas presents today.  It's a song I never liked as a child (perhaps it was the organ/violin duet on the record!) but which I love now that I've heard Steven Curtis Chapman's version, and it helps me a lot:

And ye, beneath life's crushing load, whose forms are bending low,
Who toil along the climbing way with painful steps, and slow,
Look now- for glad and golden hours come swiftly on the wing.
Oh rest beside the weary road, and hear the angels sing.


Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment