Saturday, February 4, 2012

Some gifts

I've been thinking of some things that I've received as gifts (some in a more abstract way) that are helping me.  I'll talk more extensively in other posts about a couple of things, but here's a quick list of a few things that are making the hard things bearable:

  • prayer shawls- these often wrap around me as I sit in our living room or on the bed.  One keeps me warm on cold nights.
  • videos of Rams conducting wedding ceremonies, baptisms, church services.  Love seeing him in action.
  • photos of him, some that I had never seen before.  Love, love, love that face.  
  • letters and emails from old friends or people I have not yet met.  It is immensely comforting to hear stories and memories of Ramsy or to receive such kind expressions of sadness and encouragement.
  • offers of rides to and from the kids' activities.
  • an amazingly kind and supportive school staff here, where I worked in 2010, where two of our kids attend, and where I am always received with friendly smiles and understanding.  I feel happy when I am at the school.  You guys rock.  (Also must mention the Gr. 1/2 class, which has actually cheered on occasion when I have walked into the room.  Confidence boost, anyone?  And no, I was not carrying cupcakes any of those times.)
Those are just some highlights.  Thank you, thank you for the incredible support we have received.  Nothing can fix the ache, but the love extended to us helps to soothe it sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Love and support from others really does hold us up in tough times. We'll be in your area some time this summer. Hope to connect or at least get to say hi.

    ReplyDelete