Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our playlist

Here's what we're listening to these days- some old favourites, some new discoveries; some to comfort and encourage, and some just for fun or to dance to!

To help us in the hard moments:

Dancing in the Minefields- Andrew Peterson (If you don't know this one, search the lyrics sometime, or buy it on iTunes. One of my very favourites.)
Someday- Nichole Nordeman
Little Wonders- Rob Thomas
Songs from Bebo Norman's album Ocean- God of My Everything, Everything I Hoped You'd Be, We
     Fall Apart
Blackbird- Sarah McLachlan

Just for fun:

Kung-Fu Fighting- Cee-Lo and Jack Black
Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da- remake by House of Heroes (also "It Won't Be Long"- fun Beatles covers!)
Stuck in the Middle With You- another cover- by Michael Buble
The Afterlife- Paul Simon (makes me chuckle as I'm dealing with bureaucracy and forms!)
Only the Lonely and Dream Baby- Roy Orbison (for my "olden days" kick)
Catchafire- tobyMac (to horrify my kids with my fake hip-hop dancing)
Don't Bring Me Down- ELO (Even the 15-year-old likes this one. :))

1 comment:

  1. Glad I got to see you the end of June - my the music was flowing that day!
    Thanks for the notes in the playlist, I did not know you were a Micheal Jackson fan...
    I always think of The Grinch when I do forms..."Oh the forms, and the forms, and the forms, forms, forms, FORMS!!!!"(in place of his rant about noise...)

    ReplyDelete