Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New adventure

A quick note this morning.  Over the last couple of weeks, Ramsy has gradually been losing strength and I have been having to do more and more lifting and "heaving" of the poor man.  (Those of you who have seen me know what huge pipes I have- ha!)  A few friends who saw this advised me that this was not a good situation, and that I needed to get him into the hospital for a rest for both of us until the proper equipment and nursing help can be set up at home.  So yesterday morning we did get an ambulance to take him to Portage hospital (we wouldn't have been able to get him into the van) and he has been admitted for a few days.  This is both stressful and relieving!  I was really happy to see that he seemed very much more comfortable in the hospital bed with his head elevated to sleep- no more snoring!  I am taking the kids to see him this morning.  Watch for further updates over the next while.  Thanks for the ongoing prayers; they are a huge help.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, we're praying hard everyday for all of you!!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you lots, only words I have are ON CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK I STAND ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ramsy and family
    Sending you love and prayers - Ramsy,I still remember our music duos back in the MBBC days - your trumpet playing was awesome - Sunday choir at Westwood MB always a musical adventure - thank you for teaching me to be a better accompanist
    Cheryl Guenther

    ReplyDelete